Monday, March 31, 2014

Somehow

Every day is brand new.  Every day I hold you.  I don't know what else to do.  I've got a hook that I am aligned to.  I don't even know how this can be true.  I don't want to worship you, nor do I want to leave you.  You somehow seem to hold my heart.  Something inside is beating from the start.  I don't know where to go.  This smile seems unending.

You've so much enthusiasm and it's almost contagious.  I don't know what it is.  Your whole body smiles.  I can barely stand it sometimes.  How is this my life?  If you're looking for a worn heart, you've found it.  Though lately it's been beating beyond its normal capacity.  It's been working overtime, or perhaps just normal.  Is this what life is?  Is this how others experience it?  But really, it doesn't matter what it's like for others.  This is my life.  Not that I have permission to be selfish.  On the contrary, we are all siblings here.

Does perfect ever feel like
it's not what it used to be?

Though worn and torn
through drought and storm
my heart has somehow
been reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment