Monday, March 17, 2014

Just Hold Me

A pistol pointed in both directions.  I've got feelings to spare.  There's something in the air.  I'm manic, though not.  I've got a lot on my mind.  Nothing to do but everything remaining.  Tears in my eyes and a light in my heart.  A mask, a disguise.  Time has passed me by.  It's just another day.  I hear your voice and time stands still for a second.  The words flood and it's perfect, though I'm working at it.  How can I explain it.

Love fires forward and I cannot reach my own mask.  I'm drowning in this dream.  Who took my drive?  Spring Break is now over, though did it even begin?  Am I taking this for granted or just taking advantage?  What do you even see in me?  Who am I?  Is there even anything to see beyond the skin?  I want to see more of me lately.  Is that fair?  I'm not sure who I've become but some days I feel more myself than others.  Just hold my hand and the world will be okay for a while.  I've got a beating heart and I want to share it, though I'm not sure if I even know what it's for or what it's worth.

Tell me I'm worth it.  Don't lie to me.  Don't flatter me.  Be real.  I sometimes feel like a slowly fading tattoo.  I'm still here but the world has long forgotten about me.  I'm just drooping down as the world ages beneath me.  Who will save us?  It's okay to be broken for awhile, is it?

When I hold you, you hold me.
Do you realize that?
You hold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment