Friday, April 4, 2014

So Full

My heart is full.
Life could be over.
It could end.
Is there anything beyond this?

Still, I say, perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be.
There can be bruises.
There may be scrapes and abrasions.
Love, somehow, still remains.

Tell her she's worth it
because surely she is.
Remember you're not perfect
but nobody is.  Just about.

She understands what you say.
Even when it is your hands that speak.
She understands and there is life here.

If you see my heart
tied on a kite's string
do not be alarmed.
It's been floating about but I'm aware.
I'm not in control, but enough.
There's a bit of a steering wheel
but we share it.

"Whatever's true," you say?
Is this true?  Is it noble?
What is nobility here?
What is his role?
It sure feels true.
It's so full.
Sorry if I can't help but smile.

It's like creation is singing along with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment