Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"Show me the world that's inside your head"


"Do not ask the price I pay,
I must live with my quiet rage.
Tame the ghosts in my head
that run wild and wish me dead."

When You find me broken
do You break me further?
Is the breaking a part of
the being made whole?

Or perhaps that's not such an easy answer.
Sometimes You increase the brokenness
to make room for Yourself
and other times my brokenness is just mine.

Though it's never just mine.
You're always near
even when I'm here.

I can never save myself.
No one else can save me.
No one but You.

I'll fall deeper,
I'll fall faster.
Nothing can keep me afloat
in this raging ocean.

You're the storm
and the life raft.
You're the hug
and the shove.
The embrace
in my disgrace.

I don't deserve a single ounce
but somehow You make me worthy.
Thank You for the mirrors You've provided us.
We can see ourselves in Your people.
They're not perfect.  No one is flawless.
Still You love them regardless.

A man after Your own heart?
A lustful man?  A man with blood on his hands?
You don't place before us
unreachable standards.

You don't say, "Do this" and "Don't do that."
You love with open arms.
You run toward us.
Though our clothes are stained
with tears and filth,
You run to our aid and embrace us.

We don't deserve acknowledgement
and You don't require extensive knowledge of it.
You offer it freely.
Your love because
You're love.

Grace is grace is grace.
I'll never deserve an ounce.
Still You're the same
no matter the place.
You'll never let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment