Monday, April 7, 2014

"Does it almost feel like you've been here before?"

This is the world we live in.  The best moments border broken hearts.

I miss you while you're here and my smiles remain.  Something stays inside me when you leave.  I gaze into your gaze.  Just holding you in my arms is enough.  And we're beyond physical touch.  You've got personality.  We can have fun regardless.   One of these days we'll invite MC Hammer on our date.  We'll show him.  As for right now, I feel as though I'm holding my heart in my hands.  All these feelings are fresh inside me.  I feel you inside, or right here beside me.  The emotion I'm soaking in, is enough, it could hide me.

The cracks in my skin are molded together.  They're in their perfect place.  Every stitch has been sewn in perfection.  I'm in arms and we'll make it.  We'll make it together.  If honesty's the best policy then this relationship's great.  If words aren't your strong point, it's okay I can wait.  I've got time to spare and we've got space for air.  We'll make it out alright.  If I asked you to escape my swelling mind, you'd only return to my heart next time.  I've got oranges, I've got milk.  And your heart inside mine, smoother than silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment