Thursday, April 9, 2009

Art Journaling and the Beginning of Jeremiah


Hey everyone!  Today I bought a book called What It Is by Lynda Barry.  It reminds me that I really think that this is my favorite medium.  I want to do more Art Journaling.  It combines two things that I really enjoy: writing and collage.  So hopefully in the future I'll be making more art like this, perhaps in addition to Graphic Design.  I could maybe fuse these two ideas together.  I just wanted to share that tonight and I also want to start sharing about what I'm reading every morning in the Word.  Today I started the Book of Jeremiah and the Lord spoke to me, through the last few verses especially.  "Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land-against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land.  They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the Lord." (Jeremiah 1:18-19) God has given me the strength and the power to make it through whatever comes at me.  He doesn't want me to just sit back and watch my life go by.  He has great plans for me and using my life.  He wants to use me for His Glory.  How privileged I am that the God of the universe would choose me to bring Him Glory?  Amazing! :) :) :)
You should check out this song that we sang while worshipping at CRU tonight!  It's great and when we're in there singing this it really gets me excited and I feel the joy of worship.  Just look up Hosanna by Hillsong on YouTube.  Hope y'all are having a great Monday Thursday!  Tomorrow, after class, it's back home for Easter Break for me! :)
¡Cuidase!

No comments:

Post a Comment