Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clichés, Love Maps, and Similar Feelings

Welcome to my heart. Sorry it's not exactly as you expected it. I've stepped on it a few times and tried to glue it back together myself sometimes. I have come to realize that my own glue never works. But I know that instead of using glue, God makes me brand new everyday. And that works so much better.
For whatever reason, I've been full of emotion today. This isn't just one emotion, but several mixed into one. It's like my life is a blender and I'm spinning from the inside out. I feel it in my heart and it reaches near my hands as I type and my mind just needs somewhere to put it out there. So I chose here, as opposed to a journal or something else today. But I'm not really sure where it's going to go, so this post may be a strange one; well it already is, I know that.
Have you ever looked at the snow as a canvas? It seems a bit cliché to see it as a blanket. Everyone says there's a blanket of snow. That was once a great metaphor, but I've now heard it too many times. I mean it describes it well, but maybe we should come back to that a little later. Think of thin layer of powdery snow as an artist's blank canvas. God stretches this canvas out so that we can create as we wish. We are given a choice. So what do we choose? I just thought that seeing the snow as a canvas was a nice analogy that I had never heard before.
Today I made another Love Map to describe my current situation. The first one I made was just on the computer and about a half a year ago. It was one of my situations while studying abroad. But this time it seems a little conceited and I don't mean for it to be so I don't think I'm going to share it. Plus, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to reveal it right now. Right now I really just need patience and self-control. Waiting is so hard and it makes self-control even harder. It's nice to know that other people experience feelings just like mine:

"The One I'm Waiting For"~relient k
"The Mixed Tape"~Jack's Mannequin
"Ocean Avenue"~Yellowcard
"Some Origins of Fire"~Angels & Airwaves

So some parts of those of songs describe some feelings I'm feeling lately. So if you didn't really get how I'm feeling from this post you can check them out.
I've got some stuff that I have to do and should probably get to it. So, for now, remember, there's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment