Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just a Couple Things

I haven't written anything on here in a couple weeks so I think it's time for me to do so.  But at the moment I'm pretty tired so I'm probably not going to write so much.  There are a couple things that I've been wanting to share though.
1. On Friday (I'm pretty sure that's when it was) I was using the leaf blower to get some leaves off of the driveway and sidewalk.  Across the street they had hired a guy to do pretty much the same thing.  Then when I went to untangle the cord so that I could go farther out with it the guy came over and asked if I wanted him to do it really quick.  I told him if he could if he wanted to.  He didn't do it for anything, just did it.  I thank God for him.  I prayed that God blesses that guy.  It wasn't really a lot of work for me to do in the first place but that guy just did it because he could and he already had his leaf blower out.  So thanks be to God for the generosity of that man! :)
2. I saw a relatively funny commercial sometime this weekend.  When I was watching Criminal Minds (good show by the way!) a commercial came on about some sort of peanuts.  It was like Emerald Nuts or something like that.  Anyway, there was a psychologist-like figure sitting there not paying attention to his patient.  He was basically off in his own world.  Then his patient says, "If I could just burn this place down that would make it all better!"...or something to that extent.  And the psychologist says, "Good," completely oblivious to what the person said.  Then you see the psychologist just sitting there in a blaze of fire, still living in his own world.  But that wasn't even the funny part.  The funny part was the very end when the psychologist was in the fire that he didn't even know about.  Here, the small print read: Never commit arson!  Not even once!  And that's all.  I think it's pretty funny that a) they had to say that and 2) they even said it..oh and III) that's all that it said.
Might not sound as funny as when it happend to me...oh well.

Here's another thing to think on:
Personally, I don't want to live as a materialist.  Let's see how this life goes.

Oh, and I'm reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis right now.  I feel like it's something that he wrote to help himself while he was going through temptation..Like I do sometimes.  He does it in a different way but I recognized this within the first couple of chapters.  Although it does take some thinking while reading it I can relate to/understand a lot of it.  It sounds weird to say that I can relate to it when the whole book is one demon talking with another but that's not what I mean.  It's sort of hard to explain.  Maybe you should check it out.  Just know that it helps to know some Christian theology and New Testament Scripture when reading it.

Well, I tried to extend this post a little but it's time for me to read and go to bed.  I'm tired!  It's nice going to bed relatively early (like before 12) lately and actually be tired. :)
¡Cuidase!

2 comments:

  1. Yo, seems ur life is pretty good~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo siento, no entiendo el cuento sobre el medico y su paciente. He leido parte de "The Screwtape Letters" pero no lei todo. Ahora, estoy leyendo "Los Cuatro Amores" y es muy interesante tambien. Yo le recomiendo que leyas cuando tengas tiempo. Espero que tengas un buen dia!

    ReplyDelete