Saturday, September 12, 2009

Living Here and Remembering There

Life.

Sometimes I just don't know.  There are so many different people in this world and our God loves them all equally.  How can He do that?  What did we do to deserve it?  Nothing!  No matter what we do we can never earn God's love.  That's just one thing that makes it so great!  He graciously gives it to us for free.  How is this possible?  It's crazy!  Yes, God's love for us is crazy!  I'm so glad that I know this love.

I'm not completely sure what's spawning this Blog entry.  I was asked to update my Blog but I don't really know what to write on.

Life here in Buenos Aires is nice.  I've been hanging out a lot; going to class, taking naps, actually that's most of how my time has been spent.  But I want to do more while I'm here.  I mean this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  I don't want to look back and wish that I had done more or that I had done stuff that I'm not doing.  True, sometimes I get bored and don't know what to do.  But that's no excuse.  It's time to just start meandering around the city.  I've got time to spare and the city has streets to share.  So I think I may do a little wandering this week.  Or perhaps I'll wait until I come back from Chile.

Chile.  Yeah, that should be fun.  I mean we won't be there for that long but still, it's a new place.  New place means new experiences, at least I hope.  Sometimes this dream world isn't all it's cracked up to be.  But I won't let that get me down.  Maybe I'm just bored.  Actually, I know that for a fact: I am bored.  But that's fine.  There are some times when this life seems to be going sooo amazingly.  In those times it's hard to believe that the next life will be better.  In both circumstances it's such an inspiration to know that the joy to come will exceed any joy that I have ever known.

In a way I'm excited to die.  Because then comes the real adventure of a Complete Life with my Saviour and my King.  In another way I still have so much that I want to experience.  I want to meet my wife.  I want to find that person who I can be there for.  I want to show someone that I really care.  I want to have a family of my own.  I want to care for my own child.  I want to look into my wife's eyes and just smile.  I want to see the twinkling of my own child's innocence.  I want to help people who don't ask for it.  I want them to see His love through me and appreciate it.

Sometimes rambling, whether on paper, in person, or even on the computer, can be very helpful.  My mood has been somewhat lifted.  In the words of Relient K:

See contentment is the one thing it entails
To be content with where I am
And getting where I need to be
And moving passed the past
Where I have failed

Take this life and make it yours.  You've only got the time you're given.  And who really knows how much time you've been given but God alone?  

Live now because here may be there before you remember to live here.  But remember that life here is not all that there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment