Thursday, August 31, 2017

Beyond the physical reflection

Is it possible to have too much reflection?  Is it possible for any of us to look so intensely into the mirror that by the time we pull ourselves away we are aged, hungry, and barely able to crawl to recovery?  When we're looking past our own eyes can we see something beyond our own fresh coat of paint?

You can try to intimidate me with your predictions from the past.  You can tell me I'm not man enough to continue as I am in this world, but I will not be fazed by you.  I may be half asleep but the other half of me is awake.  Remember that?  Remember who I've been?  Yes, I'll certainly listen to you and I'll even attempt to validate you in your own views and perspectives.  I'll glean from you what I can without robbing your diamonds and precious medals.

I'm laying somewhere beside the shadows and the light cannot be overcome.  I have words inside and out but I'm hollow like a drum.

No comments:

Post a Comment