The past few days I've had an idea for a post but I just haven't put it up yet. Let's see if I can remember it all.
More than Surviving in a Globalized Society:
1. Know where you stand and stand firm there.
2. Get to know the world outside of your own. Explore new people and places.
3. Respect others' points of view and establish your own.
4. Ask questions when you don't understand.
5. Remember that life is about living, not just surviving.
6. Learn from the mistakes you've made and the times you made them.
7. Accept help when it is offered sincerely.
8. There is always something new to learn.
9. Be creative and original.
10. Accept that change happens and can be for better or worse.
11. Aspire to be yourself in a new way, not a version of yourself that is based upon someone else.
12. Gain background information through reading, attending a conference, or listening to a knowledgeable human being.
13. You're never too strong to fall down in this life.
14. No one can control your actions but yourself.
15. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions.
16. When you're not certain, admit it.
17. A dishonest response bears rotten fruit.
18. Every single person makes multiple mistakes.
19. Accept differences and build bridges.
20. Sometimes you're wrong.