Monday, April 29, 2019

April Showers

My soul is not a pendulum alternating between grace and justice.  Your love is not a carrot that you tangle just out of my reach.  Nor is it an obligation that you begrudgingly bestow upon us.  You choose us.  You chose us.  You want what is best for us.  You want us to see ourselves as You see us.  You want to share Your love so that we may become who You made us to be.  I don't need a missing puzzle piece, this jigsaw is complete.  I am enough.  I am sufficient as is, no assembly required.  I don't need fancy words or a wife to fill me up.

Please don't read this as flattery or imagined adoration.  This is not a "fake it 'til you make it" scenario.  I can make it from here.  I'm just looking for the steps as I gradually crawl from the darkened shadows.  I'm walking and growing ever so slowly to move from living to thriving.  This right here.  The soul beneath this skin is not made of dandelions and clovers.  The soil is enriched with nutrients.  I am flowers coming up for air in springtime.  Rain falls.  Sun scorches.  Even worms crawl in my midst.  But I am flowers, not afraid of growing.

Courage takes vulnerability and I am on my way.
Please plant me near the flowing stream.  Renew me from the roots up, refreshed in the gentle breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment