Sunday, September 14, 2014

What Do I Know?

I know what's best for you.  I know your problems.  I know your life.  I'll save you out of the problems that rise up around you.

I've been there.  I know exactly what it's like.  Just let me take it from here.

I see that you're in trouble.  I'll take you out of the hardships and place you somewhere else.  You got yourself into this mess and so you obviously don't know how to get yourself out.  That's okay.  That's what I am here for.

If you would just listen to me your life would be so much more rewarding.


How is any of that empowering?  How will anyone learn to live a sustainably productive life if all we do is say that we know best?  We must encourage others that there is value in their own experiences.  They are valuable as they are.  They are the true experts on their lives.

There is so much to be spoken on this topic and I had hoped the words were here but my mind is currently running on an exercise wheel: so many thoughts and so few tangible words to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment